Friday 17 January 2014

College magazine flat plan

I have drawn out a flat plan in order to give me a rough idea on how my college magazine is going to look and to also minimalise errors.
Front cover flat plan

Here is a scanned copy of my college magazine flat plan front cover. As you can see, I have used ideas from other existing college magazines as explained before in my college magazine research, to help form the layout of my front cover. These are the conventions of a typical college magazine with the image either being left, right or centre, in which I have chosen to do place my central image in the centre, cover lines in columns either side of the page and the lead article just below the central image. I will be using this flat plan when in the process of creating my college magazine.










Contents page flat plan

I have produced the same flat plan idea for my college magazine contents page to also help me decide on the layout of my magazine. The conventions of a college magazine contents page is to have the headings 'regulars' and 'features' displayed on the page. As you can see more than one image is used in contrast to one image used on my front cover flat plan as this is also conventional in magazines surrounding this group. 

These are just rough sketches to help me contemplate on the layout of my magazine. A possibility of changes may be made in the process of creating my college magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment