Tuesday 14 January 2014

College magazine research



College magazine planning: preliminary task


Preliminary task: The magazine in which I will be creating is a college magazine about academic studies consisting of a front cover and contents page including photos produced by me.

Target audience: My magazine audience is based around teenagers in higher, full-time education aged between 16-19 looking at university as a short-term goal. This is also open for parents interested in what kind of environment their children are learning in and what studies in detail, their taking part in.

Title ideas and what the audience voted for:
Dudley sixth form college- 3
Intel academy- 7
Aim higher- 5

Ambition- 2
Student corner- 3

I asked a number of 20 students, which all related to my target audience, to vote for which name they preferred for my college magazine. This resulted into the numbers stated above with 'Intel academy' coming out as the most popular. Many did not get the whole initiative around the word "Intel" so I explained how it was an abbreviation for the word "intelligent" which relates to my college magazine choice as it is an academy based around academic studies including: English, maths, sciences, history etc attracting students with a high IQ level.



I looked at two college magazines to get ideas on what my college magazine should look like.

                   
This sixth form magazine focuses on the achievements by the students which is exactly what I plan to be the main focus for my magazine. The header " A Star is Born" connotes that students should consider themselves as unique, intelligent individuals which also reflects the students displayed in the magazine. The mise-en-scene also reflects the mood of the students- creating a warm and comfortable environment.   


 
 
 
                                                                                                                   This college magazine seems more sophisticated as it's based in their college library- creating an educated presence to their college. The colours on this front cover are plain and simple- connoting a calm and relaxed environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment