Thursday 6 March 2014

Music magazine research and planning


Given the knowledge of the whole magazine idea, we were now given the task to produce a music magazine based around our choice of genre. I decided that I wanted my magazine to focus on hip-hop as this is my preferred area of music. I have come up with a list of titles that I may use as the title of my music magazine, based on the feedback I get from the people in which I am asked.


Potential titles for my music magazine and feedback:
  • Musicology- 2
  • Beatz- 7
  • Jammin'- 2
  • DNA magazine- 13
  • Mic Up- 3
  • Rappin'- 2
  • HHW (hip-hop world)- 1
As evident above, DNA magazine picked up the majority of the votes. However, at first a lot of the respondents did not understand the whole concept surrounded by the word 'DNA' so I explained to them that it simply meant that music is in your souls from the day you were born and stays within you and they seemed to like the idea of that which is understandable as to how it came out on top.  


So what now?


I am now going to conduct research relating to existing hip-hop magazines in order for me to understand the codes and conventions of this specific genre of music when in relation with magazines.


Front cover 

No comments:

Post a Comment